American School of Natural Health (ASNH)
The American School of Natural Health (ASNH) provides natural health courses based upon the European approach to natural medicine. Our goal is to offer unique, comprehensive and holistic programs in natural health. All programs have been carefully designed to incorporate scientific understanding of the human body with traditional, natural methods of healthcare.
ASNH together with its sister college College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM) in Europe, is one of the world’s largest training providers for Natural Health, training thousands of students at any given time.
Our courses focus on the application of primary principles of naturopathic medicine:
- Vis Medicatrix Naturae – The healing power of nature. There is a ‘vital force’ or ‘life force’ which given the right conditions, will self-heal or self-correct.
- Prevention is preferable to cure
- The root (underlying) cause of dysfunction is identified and treated, not the branches (symptoms)
- The WHOLE person is treated – physically and emotionally
- Health is much greater than just ‘absence of infirmity’ – it should be abundant vitality
Our methodology: We believe that knowledge comes from application. Therefore, all our courses have been designed to include both informative lectures and practical exercises. This provides students with a unique opportunity to begin using their new-found knowledge, helping to cement his/her learning and to encourage application in real-life.