Herbs for Everyday Living
Using herbs in your life can be the key to vibrant health and well-being. With so many herbs to choose from, the subject can be overwhelming without professional assistance.
This course provides safe and practical knowledge of traditional herbal remedies for the whole family and aims to educate about using “at home” naturopathic (natural healing) techniques, kitchen herbs for medicinal use and step-by step exercises on how to make your own herbal ointments, tinctures, teas and more.
12 detailed handouts
10+ hours of filmed lectures
Practice exams & exercises
(Textbook extra at approx. $20)
Herbs can be used in the kitchen as food or to support the self-healing mechanism of the body. The course provides an understanding of how everyday herbs can be used as medicines for the whole family. Some of the things you will cover include:
- Build your own reference library on common herbs and their safe usage
- Gain a deeper understanding of the medicinal use of kitchen herbs
- Learn how to make your own herbal preparations
- Learn how to make your own herbal first-aid kit
- Herbal remedies for common illnesses and ailments
- Detoxification and safe cleansing for vital organs and systems
- Herbs for women’s health and fertility
- Use herbs to optimise energy, sleep and mood
Herbal Remedies Course Syllabus:
- The Heart & Circulation
- Adrenals & Energy
- Liver, Bowel & Detox
- Kidneys, Cleaning & Skin
- Immunity & Lymph
- Mind, Mood & Brain
- Gut Health
- Herbal Medicine Making
- Female Health
- Fertility & Pregnancy
- The Menopause
- Men’s & Children’s Health
The Herbal Remedies Course consists of the following elements:
- Study Guide: The Study Guide sets out the sequence of topics to be studied step by step. You will go through each step in sequence and initial each one as you complete them. Ever had difficulties to understand what you are studying? If you follow the Study Guide you’ll complete your course swiftly and with full comprehension, able to apply what you have learned.
- Test Yourself: Each lecture has practice quizzes and exercises to test your understanding.
- Handouts: The course is divided into 12 lessons, each accompanied by a detailed handout of about 60 pages.
- Filmed Lectures: There are more than 12 filmed lectures available covering all subjects. Each lecture is about 1 hour long and delivered by one of our very best lecturers.
- Textbooks: You are recommended to read up in textbooks to enhance your knowledge on the subjects you are studying.
- Tutoring: If you encounter problems during your studies, a personal tutor will be available to help.
After you have completed your course, you will be eligible to take a final course exam to qualify for an ASNH Certificate in Herbal Remedies.