Nutrition Consultant Program (NCP)
The Nutrition Consultant Diploma Program is 100% online and is divided into 2 parts: Biomedicine Course and Nutrition Consultant Course. Each part takes about 6-12 months to complete depending on the speed of your studies.
(or $254 a month x 12)
36 detailed handouts
(or $337 a month x 12)
Practice exams & exercises
1. Biomedicine Course
Biomedicine gives you an in-depth understanding of basic science, anatomy, physiology and pathology as well as differential diagnosis and clinical diagnostic skills. It is of paramount importance for anybody to know how the body works, to understand physical symptoms and be able to recognize when to refer to a specialist. It is a prerequisite for further ASNH courses unless you already have a qualification in Biomedicine in which case you may submit your transcript for review to determine your eligibility for exemption from the course.
Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology of all Organ Systems:
- Finding a Job
- Clinical Diagnostics
- Infectious Diseases
- Basic Naturopathic Principles
2. Nutrition Consultant Course
The Nutrition Consultant Course stresses the use of whole and organic foods – an integral concept in many indigenous societies. Today we see that a return to chemical free foods along with other dietary measures is an effective answer to many health complaints and common conditions.
The course also focuses on the importance of Detoxification & Cleansing, as only fully functioning organs are able to absorb and utilize nutrients optimally.
ASNH students not only learn about the physiological and biochemical process involved in nourishment, but also the energetic side of foods.This course brings together authentic traditions of oriental medicine with Western research based nutrition.
The course is carefully structured as each unit builds on the previous one, allowing students to develop their skills and reach their full potential as a Nutrition Consultant. Graduates are encouraged to widen their scope of knowledge by enrolling on the Master Nutrition Consultant Program
Nutrition Consultant Course Syllabus
- History & Philosophy of Naturopathic Nutrition
- Functional Medicine & Disease Triggers
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Proteins & Amino Acids
- Lipids & Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs)
- Orthomolecular Compounds & Medicinal Mushrooms
- Advanced PR/Marketing
- Becoming Known as an Expert
- Food Labeling & Dietary Assessment
- Energy Metabolism & Food Safety
- Life Stages & Population Groups
- Popular Dietary Models & Food Pyramids
- Naturopathic Diagnostic / Clinical Evaluation Tools
- Supplements In Practice
- Case Taking
The Nutrition Consultant Program consists of:
- Study Guide: The Study Guide sets out the sequence of topics to be studied step by step. You will go through each step in sequence and initial each one as you complete them. Ever had difficulties to understand what you are studying? If you follow the Study Guide you’ll complete your course swiftly and with full comprehension, able to apply what you have learned.
Biomedicine course is divided into 17 lessons, each accompanied by a detailed handout of about 60 pages.
Nutrition Consultant course is divided into 19 lessons, each accompanied by a detailed handout of about 60 pages. There is also a glossary for each lecture which makes it easy to look up new terms you come across that you do not know the meaning of.
- Filmed Lectures:
Biomedicine Course: Includes more than 30 filmed lectures available covering all subjects. Each lecture is about 1-2 hours long and delivered by one of our very best lecturers.
Nutrition Consultant Course: There are more than 70 filmed lectures available covering all subjects. Each lecture is about 30 minutes long and delivered by one of our very best lecturers.
- Tutoring: If you encounter problems during your studies, a personal tutor will be available to help.
- Test Yourself: Each lecture has practice quizzes and exercises to test your understanding.
After you have completed your course, you will be eligible to take a final course exam to qualify for an ASNH Diploma as a Nutrition Consultant.
Upon completion of your course, you are eligible to become a board certified holistic health practitioner with the American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP). The AADP is dedicated to promoting an enhanced professional image and prestige among practitioners of traditional and non-traditional therapies and methodologies and offers many professional benefits to assist members in establishing their practice. You will also be eligible to become a professional member of the National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP), and may apply to sit for their board exam in holistic nutrition.